Monday, May 11, 2009

Poor Boys !!

There is one thing that has always amused me and I am quite confident that it will keep amusing the future generations as well. It is about the plight of my great clan, which destiny has purposefully decided or I will say conspired, so that I can be a part of it. However, after seeing the miserable condition of the male youth which has now turned to a do or die situation, I have no other option but to raise my voice. And therefore, through this medium, I implore you brothers!! Come and unite, we shall march together to redraw the lines.


After traversing 24 years of my life and seeing all this happening right in front of my eyes, it has become unbearable for me not to fight out the injustice meted out to my brothers. I have been made to wake up in the middle of the night, countless number of times with my friends telling me, that a girl has finally asked for their number, a girl has started a conversation, a girl has written a testimonial for them and finally a girl, by some remotest possibility of luck, has touched them. Their eyes keep wandering and it is an endless journey where they simply refuse to settle. After all, where they have not searched them? Starting with the holiest temples, loneliest parks to the busiest malls, they seem to keep setting their foot in every possible area. But it would have been still manageable if they had stopped here. In their unending pursuit, if they somehow find a one, they will start following locating all her whereabouts on a map with a precision that I am sure Israeli military can use in their GPS systems. And in their nomadic life, they forget their parents, brothers, sisters and above all, intelligent people like me!!! And all this sacrifice leads to few pious drops of salty water, with the convicted even ignorant of any crime being committed.



But the worst has not been told. When after all of their unsuccessful adventures, they finally feel defeated, they then turn to their own brotherhood and just to keep themselves titillating with the same feeling, they ferociously attack their male counterparts charging them with something that I cannot mention here. And in this game, poor souls who had not been able to venture into this foolish game, generally become the targets (probably their behavior shows a softness and tenderness that these young machos were desperately willing to feel!!).



Let me ask a few questions.

Why do only girls have the right to show attitude and at the same time, why modesty has been so sacrosanct to my clan? I hereby challenge the word “chivalry”!!

If you had not been completely blind, you must have observed that invariably, all the houses and all the corporate offices are being run by women, with male being the nominal head. Doesn’t this reflect too bad on us, considering the conventional wisdom that male is the stronger counterpart? Imagine, had we been considered as softer ones, what would have been our plight today. I am sure you must have said to yourself that they would have crushed us under their foot !!

Even if you would have been blind I am sure you must not have missed the significant evolutionary difference between the fashion of the two sexes. What is that that you and me can wear to look good? Don’t think much as there is nothing more than trousers or jeans with a shirt. And if you look at them, your jaw I assume must have started falling by now. And if that was not enough, they have the liberty to wear it to their level of comfortability. Now why, society has given this freedom of wearing less only to them? Don’t you want to look good? I hope you must have now reconsidered your decision to wear to your level of comfortability.



Brothers !! I know I must have brought you into tears by now. But this is in benefit of not only you and me but for our male children as well. I am sure they will never be more grateful to you for anything other than this. After all, this will give them a pride and confidence to relive a life without chasing them like rats as you had, all throughout your life.

1 comment:

SB said...

do you have a GF? and u r only 24?