Wednesday, December 19, 2007

story

It was a usual day, as usual as it has always been. With every day passing by, it was getting more and more painful for him. She was standing all alone in the same black T-shirt, as short as it could have been. All through these years how she has allowed him to see that small bright zone is a mystery.

She saw those radiating parts in his eyes. He sighed heavily. Releasing the birds, he felt light and moved towards her. She was growing pale.

“Will you mind talking with me?” He finally asked her.
She pulled her T-shirt down and let some birds free.

“I hate minding and talking.”
She looked straight into his eyes for an answer. His eyes had said it all long before he could muster some courage to frame a few sentences.

He sat on a chair and took his head into his hands.

“The day I saw you, sculptor in my soul didn’t abstain himself from laying his hands on such a masterpiece. While I was relishing your freely flowing motions, that sculptor was busy in giving life to the stone. Those sporadic bursts of your laughter used to make both of us forget our existence. Pulling out of knot from the hair and that cascading of black waterfall used to blow the winds of romance. Those winds had sharply cut that idol to bring out the same emotions from its figure.

Oh! Dear! That continuous pulling of your T-shirt has kept me glued to those pictures of high illuminosity. Yes, I have requested my soul to bring out this illuminescence in the whole sculpture. That thin round line of pink cloth you used to show under the radiating zone is the road on which I had wandered aimlessly for miles and miles for hours and hours.

That belly I die to see used to be on auction when you used to jump. In that small little cave, I had hibernated for months rolling here and there. I hate to tell this but I don’t need you. You are as lively in my imaginations as you are in reality. Sculpture has been completed and I play with her. Often she and my soul play, laugh, eat and even sleep together.”

She withdrew her eyes never to look back.

No comments: