Friday, January 29, 2010

Comfortably Dumb...

There are some people who consider themselves to have the wand that baptizes people into mature or dumb. These opinion leaders of the society create an altogether different kind of caste system, a system that subtly gets pervaded in the lives of the victims. It gives them immense pleasure to take shots at those for whom the destiny decided to have a lesser steep learning curve. What surprises me here is that they also feel the need to get their baptization approved by the seemingly “mature” class. I thought to pen down something for those who live their lives with the tag of “dumb” and yet keep their ship afloat in the repeated Tsunamis that come.


Perhaps, it has been extremely difficult for a human mind to accept the dumbness as a reality that is as beautiful and innocent as the drops of dew. This barometer of intelligence discards all the virtues and all the other different pearls of wisdom that God must have dropped in the chosen few minds remain unexplored. So many virgins die so young. And in these countless deaths, die the buds of those areas of wisdom that perhaps even God could not have ever imagined !!!


In the continuous war between the dumbness of matured and maturity of the dumb minds, I find myself perplexed. I am definitely not the one who can decide which side will win, but what I can see is that both sides are increasingly getting “dumbed”. I find education failing miserably in giving a shoulder to the one who followed it religiously. For it is the one whom he thought will come to his rescue and it is the very same that he wants now to disassociate with.


Why are people so vulnerable? Why do not their identities give sufficient cushion that does not ask for any reinforcement? Is it necessary to achieve something to get that peace and solace of mind, because if yes, this target setting will go on till the last breaths of life.


Imagine how beautiful it is to say “I am dumb, comfortably dumb”.
“Kar Lo Jo Karna Hai”


Well this is something I have a strong belief in since my graduation days. I still laugh out loud at them when I act stupid and they call me “dumb”, for it is fine with me to act stupid and this is irrespective of its frequency as well. For this is me and if I will not respect it, who will? And since then the amplitude of shocks have gone down and I find myself flowing in tides, repeatedly and smoothly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for writing about me. i followed the education rigoriously.. till now when i cant take it anymore. i just cant try hard anymore. i had tried harder (when other tried just average).. for all the years.. and i cant do it anymore..

Anonymous said...

who is this trying more than average all the time...

Anonymous said...

me..

Tarun Aggarwal said...

couldnt really get what exactly u wanted to say ?